In collaboration with the Ministry of Transportation and the Ontario Provincial Police, the Brantford Police Service Traffic Unit conducted commercial motor vehicle inspections in Brantford, April 20 and 21, 2022.
As a result of this safety initiative, 62 commercial motor vehicles were inspected and the following infractions were found:
- Vehicles pulled from service due to safety infractions: 25
- Vehicles requiring maintenance: 10
- Vehicles requiring annual inspection: 4
- Vehicles requiring daily inspection: 6
- Vehicles with improper cargo securement: 3
- Vehicles with contraband investigations: 3
- Vehicles with other infractions: 25
The Brantford Police Service is committed to increasing public compliance with safe driving in order to prevent collisions, save lives, and reduce injuries on our roads.