Type: Possession for the Purposes of Trafficking
Location: Colborne Street East
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at approximately 1:52 a.m., officers with the Brantford Police Service observed a motor vehicle in a parking lot located on Colborne Street East. Upon observing police, the motor vehicle fled the area at a high rate of speed travelling eastbound on Colborne Street East.
As police attempted a traffic stop, the motor vehicle was observed to continue driving dangerously at high speeds, failing to stop at several stop signs. Police were able to follow the motor vehicle into a parking lot on Colborne Street East where a male was observed attempting to flee from the driver seat of the motor vehicle. Officers were able to stop the male.
Investigation revealed the suspect is bound by one driver’s licence suspension for unpaid fines.
At approximately 2:00 a.m., the male was placed under arrest. A search incident to arrest revealed the following items:
- 21.5 grams (approx.) of suspected Fentanyl, which has an approximate street value of $5,375
- 2 grams (approx.) of suspected Methamphetamine, which has an approximate street value of $300
- Drug paraphernalia
As a result of the investigation, a 48 year-old-male from Brantford stands charged with:
- POSSESSION FOR THE PURPOSE OF TRAFFICKING- Contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act x 2
- DANGEROUS OPERATION – Contrary to the Criminal Code
- DRIVE WHILE UNDER SUSPENSION – Contrary to the Highway Traffic Act
Location: William Street
On Saturday, December 5, 2020, Brantford Police were called to the area of William Street to investigate an unknown female creating a disturbance in the street.
Officers with the Brantford Police attended and located the female sitting on the boulevard. Speaking with the female, officers observed signs of impairment. Upon transport to the care of a family member, the female became violent and verbally abusive to the transporting officer. The female was warned by officers to stop.
Upon removal from the police vehicle, the female attempted to spit on an officer. At this time, the female was arrested.
During transport to the Brantford Police Service, the female continued to violently kick the interior of the police vehicle. Upon arrival at the Brantford Police Station, the female bit an officer on the leg.
As a result of the investigation, a 21-year-old female stands charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
- Assault Police x2
- Cause Disturbance by being drunk
Type: Motor Vehicle Collision
Location: County Road 18
On Saturday, December 5, 2020 at approximately 11:23 p.m., Brantford Police responded to a motorcycle crash on County Road 18 between Henry Street and Colborne Street. Upon arrival, police located the motorcycle but were unable to locate a driver and began to search the area. Witnesses at the scene stated to police that the motorcycle was observed travelling at a high rate of speed and failed to stop at the red light on Country Road 18 and Henry Street.
Investigation revealed a cellphone attached to the motorcycle was registered to the same address where a taxi had recently travelled to from an address nearby the accident location.
Ontario Provincial Police were dispatched to the suspect male’s address in Caledonia.
Speaking with the officer, the suspect stated he was the operator of the motorcycle at the time of the motor vehicle collision. Investigation revealed that the motorcycle was not properly registered and was also being operated with improper plates and without insurance.
At approximately 12:23 a.m an Ontario Provincial Police officer placed the suspect male under arrest.
A search incident to arrest revealed the male to be in possession of approximately 0.8 grams of suspected Methamphetamine with an approximate street value of $120.
Further investigation revealed that the male has a driver’s licence suspension.
As a result of the investigation a 29 year-old- male from Caledonia stands charged with:
- DANGEROUS OPERATION - Under the Criminal Code
- FAIL TO REMAIN- Under the Criminal Code
- POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE- Under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act
- DRIVE WHILE UNDER SUSPENSION – Under the Highway Traffic Act
- USE PLATES NOT AUTHORIZED – Under the Highway Traffic Act
- FAIL TO APPLY FOR PERMIT ON BECOMING OWNER – Under the Highway Traffic Act
- OPERATE A MOTOR VHICLE WITHOUT INSURANCE- Under the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
"Public Safety in Partnership with our Community”