Location: Colborne Street
On Thursday, February 11, 2021, at approximately 5:13 p.m., Officers with the Brantford Police Service conducted a traffic stop in the area of Colborne Street near Kiwanis Way.
Investigation revealed that the driver of the motor vehicle was bound by numerous undertakings with specific conditions to not be in contact with several individuals, one who was a confirmed occupant of the vehicle. The driver was placed under arrest for failure to comply with an undertaking.
A search incident to arrest, found the accused to be in possession of pepper spray and cannabis. The accused was also found to be in possession of a counterfeit Canadian currency.
As a result of the investigation, a 49-year-old male from Brantford stands charged with the following under the Criminal Code:
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carrying Concealed Weapon
- Drive Vehicle with Cannabis Readily Available
- Possessing Counterfeit Money
Type: Drug Trafficking
Location: Colborne Street at Drummond Street
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at approximately 5:46 p.m., Brantford Police Officers observed a motor vehicle travelling eastbound on Colborne Street, near Murray Street. The officers conducted a traffic stop after the motor vehicle attempted to perform an evasive maneuver.
Investigation revealed that male passenger of the vehicle was bound by conditions to not be in contact with the female driver. The female driver was determined to be operating the motor vehicle with a suspended drivers licence. Both parties were subsequently arrested.
A search incident to arrest found the accused female to be in possession of approximately 0.4 grams of suspected fentanyl.
A search incident to arrest found the accused male to be in possession of the following:
- 7 grams (approx.) of suspected cocaine with an estimated street value of $712
- 38.5 grams (approx.) suspected crack cocaine with an estimated street value of $3850
- 9.9 grams (approx.) of suspected fentanyl with an estimated street value of $4120
- 2 bottles of methadone with an estimated street value of $200
- Canadian currency
- Multiple cellphones, an electronic weight scale and drug paraphernalia
As a result of the investigation, a 33-year-old male from Brantford stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule 1- X 4 under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and,
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking under the Criminal Code
Additionally, a 37-year-old female, from Jarvis stands charged with the following:
- Possession for the Purpose Schedule 1 under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, and
- Driving While Under Suspension under the Highway Traffic Act
The accused male was held for bail.
Type: Possession of Stolen Property
Location: Harris Avenue
On Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at approximately 3:45 p.m., officers with the Brantford Police Service conducted a traffic stop on a motor vehicle in the area of Henry Street and Harris Avenue. The licence plate attached to the subject motor vehicle was determined to have been previously reported as stolen.
Speaking with the driver of the vehicle, investigation revealed that the accused did not have a driver’s licence or insurance for the subject motor vehicle. It was also determined that the licence plate attached to the motor vehicle had previously been reported as stolen.
As a result of the investigation, the subject vehicle was seized and a 19-year-old male from Brantford stands charged with the following:
- Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000 – under the Criminal Code
- Drive motor vehicle - no license - under the Highway Traffic Act
- Use plate not authorized for motor vehicle – under the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive motor vehicle, no validation on plate – under the Highway Traffic Act
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance - under the Canadian Automobile Insurance Act
Public Safety in Partnership with our Community