Young Women Unite Virtual Symposium
GET PAID TO LEARN - Gift Certificates and Prizes for Attending!!
Young Women, 13-19 years of age, are invited to join presenters from the Brantford Police Service, Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services,
Victim Services Brant, Six Nations Police and the Brant County Health Unit for a
90 minute virtual educational and awareness symposium focusing on healthy relationships & human trafficking.
Saturday, March 27, 2021
1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
About this Event
YWU is open to young women between the ages of 13 and 19 years of age who reside in Brantford, Six Nations, Brant County, Haldimand-Norfolk or Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
How beneficial do you think this symposium is?
The Young Women Unite Symposium will provide some very important information to benefit young women's health and well being.
We are providing every eligible participant with a $45.00 gift certificate just for participating. Be paid to learn!!
Any other perks?
The following participant gifts will be given out randomly throughout the YWU symposium:
- 18 - $250.00 (approx. each) Airpods
- 10 - $75.00 Gift Certificates for a manicure & pedicure
- 5 - $250.00 Post-Secondary Bursaries
- 7 - $100.00 Lynden Park Mall Gift Certificates
What sort of information should I expect to learn?
- Human trafficking or sex trafficking in persons is often described as a modern day form of slavery.
- Learn about what sex trafficking is, understand why and how it happens and where to go for help.
- Indigenous women and girls are especially vulnerable to being targeted by traffickers.
- Learn how to identify the signs and behaviours associated with sex trafficking.
- Understand why and how sex trafficking happens.
Knowledge is power. Education and awareness are key to prevention.
Who will be presenting?
All our speakers are experienced being trained in or working with young women and/or victims/survivors of sex trafficking.
Presenters are from the following organizations: Nova Vita, Brant County Health Unit, Victim Services of Brant, Six Nations Police and the Brantford Police Service.
Can my friend attend?
I have a sister, cousin, friend, Aunt, Mother, Grandmother who is also interested in participating, however they don't meet the requirements eligible to register. What do you recommend?
Depending on your home situation and COVID related cautions and concerns, if the relative or friend is able to participate with you during the symposium, we encourage you to share this event and participate together. If someone does not meet the requirements listed above then they are unable to register with their own seat and eligible for a gift.
Still have Questions?
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org