At this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is not accepting in-person applications for police checks.
We encourage all applicants to apply for police checks using the Online Police Background Record Check Portal.
The Brantford Police Service offers three types of police record checks for residents of Brantford.
- Police Criminal Record Check (PCRC)
- Police Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (PCRJM)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC)
How do I determine if I am a resident of Brantford?
- You must pay your taxes to the City of Brantford
- The Brantford Police Service would respond to your address if you called the police
- If you are unsure, please contact the Records Branch at 519-756-0113 ext. 3336 for verification.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for out of town applications.
Students with a temporary school address in Brantford
Applicants under the age of 18
Applicants with limited or no credit history
If you are between the ages of 18-21 or have limited credit history, you may submit your application online to have the process started. If you fail to authenticate your identification, or require fingerprints, we will contact you via e-mail with the next process steps.
The average time for completion is two weeks for employment or 30 days for all other applications. Please be advised - for applicants with previous addresses in Canada, there is a possibility of delay.
How long are completed record checks available?
Completed police record checks are available for three months from the date of completion. If you do not obtain it within the three months, you will be required to submit a new request.
How will I receive my completed Police Record Check?
NEW: Completed "original" Police Record Checks are now available for download from the Online Police Background Records Check Portal.
What are the application fees?
Please see the fee schedule for applicable fees.
Any questions, concerns or if you are unable to use the online portal, please call the Records Branch at 519-756-0113 ext. 3336.