With the current increase of cases of COVID-19 within Brantford and across Ontario, numerous restrictions have been implemented to limit the spread of the virus.
Effective Saturday, Dec. 26, 2020, at 12:01 a.m. a province-wide shutdown was initiated for all of Ontario.
In addition to the Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere Program (RIDE) the Brantford Police Service is working collaboratively with our municipal partners in by-law enforcement and the Brant County Health Unit to ensure the safety of our community in regards to COVID-19 Emergency Order infractions.
Under the COVID-19 Emergency Orders, no indoor organized public events or social gatherings of persons from outside the same household are permitted (with some specific exemptions):
- Individuals who live alone may consider having exclusive, close contact with another household to reduce the negative impacts of social isolation.
- Limit of 10 individuals for outdoor organized public events and social gatherings (must comply with public health advice on social distancing)
- Weddings, funerals and other religious services, rites or ceremonies where physical distance can be maintained have a limit of 10 people indoors or outdoors
Each attendee / organizer can be fined in accordance with the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act.
- Individuals violating the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act are subject to a set fine of $880.
- Individuals planning or organizing gatherings with persons outside their immediate household are subject to a set fine of $10,000.
Members of the public are reminded of the need to comply with COVID-19 safety measures including physical distancing, hand cleaning, and the proper wearing of facial / mouth coverings.
For more information from the Province of Ontario on the COVID- 19 Grey Zone – Shutdown protocols click here: MOH - Ontario Wide Shutdown 2020-12-21 V2b
Reporting COVID-19 Violations:
COVID-19 related violations can be reported by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling the City’s Customer Contact Centre at 519-759-4150
Do not call 911 or visit the station if you have COIVD-19-related questions — 911 is for critical situations and emergencies only.
For any COVID-19-related questions, please call 519-759-4150 or email email@example.com or the Brant County Health Unit at 519-753-4937 or firstname.lastname@example.org