Incident # 20- 39513
On Thursday, October 8, 2020, at approximately 5:45 pm, members of the Brantford Police Service conducted a traffic stop in the area of Colborne Street and Rawdon Street.
During the investigation, it was revealed that the license plate affixed to the vehicle was registered to a different vehicle and did not belong to the driver. The driver was also operating the vehicle without registration and insurance.
Upon further investigation, Officers observed a significant quantity of cannabis readily available to the driver, which is in violation of the Cannabis Control Act. A large quantity of suspected cocaine along with drug paraphernalia was also located within the vehicle.
- 80.5 grams (approx.) of Cannabis, with an estimated street value of $800
- 538 grams (approx.) of suspected Cocaine, with an estimated street value of $53,890
- Multiple drug paraphernalia; including a small digital scale and cutting agents used in illicit drugs
- Possession for the Purposes of Trafficking, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act,
- Possession of Stolen Property – Under $5,000, under the Criminal Code,
- Drive Vehicle with Cannabis Readily Available, under the Cannabis Control Act,
- Possession over 30 grams of Dried Cannabis, under the Cannabis Control Act,
- Use of Plate – Not Authorized under the Highway Traffic Act,
- Failure to Apply for Permit on Becoming Owner, under the Highway Traffic Act, and
- Owner Operate Motor Vehicle – No Insurance, under the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act